Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 May 2017

And what is your favoite colour?


Let's open this blog post with a question, what is your favorite colour? My favorite one is purple, but I would not say that in my wardrobe I would find a lot of purple clothing or that my flat is decorated in purple. This is the colour I like to see the most. My favorite colour for clothing is black or peach. I like these two colours because they are simple to wear, easy to combine and looks good on me. I personally find it hard to combine bright colours and to even wear them. The lifestyle that I am having just now is fast and organized, it means that I want to make quick decisions and spend less time on for example, picking what am I going to wear. Some people might say that black is quite depressive colour but according to color-wheel-pro.com it is also a colour which denotes strength and authority. If to take a look at the big sports brands, most of them have logos in black. Nike can appear in orange as well. This colour is symbol of strength and endurance. Even the boxes for trainers are in different colours – orange for sport trainers, black for Jordans or exclusive shoes, brown shade ones for casual trainers. There is also green coloured boxes but these are for skateboard trainers like Janovski range. Adidas have blue, black and green boxes. Blue for the originals range, black for sport professionals and green for the Neo range. According to mandalupasaule.lv blue colour symbolizes creativity and stability which are the main things of Adidas Originals range. Adidas originals is known by its creative designs and well established brand. The most expensive and exclusive range of both Nike and Adidas will be in black boxes or with black tags. As mentioned before black is the colour of authority and strength as well as elegance and prestigiousness, so the black colour in this case is symbolizing exclusivity. So you know, if you will buy something from the 'black' range you might pay more than for other range trainers but you will have the best or the exclusive items.



Many restaurant chains or food companies choose to put red colour in their logos or even design of the store. For example Pizza Hut, Burger King, KFC and Nando's have red colour in their visuals. According to colour-wheel-pro.com red and orange colours stimulates hunger. So whoever wants to paint their kitchen in red should think again (could make you to look in the fridge more often). Red colour is a powerful colour. It makes items, text and signs to stand out. This is a colour which is hard not to notice especially in combination with other colours like black and white. It is commonly used in advertising to promote the 'sexuality' of a product. For example red lipstick on a women's lips or a bright red dress. It kind of shows that the item would make the customer look more attractive and sexual.



My physiotherapist once suggested not to wear black coloured training clothing because it would take my energy away but suggested to wear vivid colours especially in red and orange tones because these colours would help to release energy. Believe it or not but when I was wearing overall black then I felt more tired. It feels like when I am wearing bright red tones then I am able to do more. I don’t know what to believe. Is it like an placebo effect when it is a psychological factor that I believe it working or it actually works?! Imagine the world in black and white, like watching an old TV. World would be boring, it would be hard for us to recognize places, items even brands. I do not know why do people see colours but I believe they influence us how we perceive and fell about things around us. And marketers take an advantage of it by making us to see things the way they want us to see.

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of brands use strong, bold colours mainly because they work well when logos are stretched up and shrunk down, and not necessarily because of the psychology behind them - am I just being cynical?

    ReplyDelete